4 cups all-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup Milk
1/3 cup olive oil
1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 can Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 small can red peppers (pimientos), drained cut into strips
1 small can tuna in oil, flaked
1 egg, beaten, for brushing the dough
1. Mix the Flour, oil, Milk and a little Salt thoroughly in a large bowl. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead to form a smooth dough. Wrap in a clean kitchen cloth and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. While the dough is resting, prepare the filling. Heat the oil in a large skillet (frying pan) and fry the onion gently for 10 minutes. Add the Tomatoes, cook for a further 10 minutes, then add the red peppers and fry for another 20 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
4. Take the dough out of the refrigerator and divide it into 2 pieces, 1 slightly bigger than the other. Roll out the larger piece on a floured surface to a thickness of 1/2 in to fit a large baking sheet. Spread the filling on top, then add the tuna.
5. Roll out the other half of the dough, then lay it on top of the pie and press the edges together to make a crust. Brush the corners and sides with beaten egg to prevent the filling from oozing out. Prick the center of the pie, then brush all over with egg and transfer to the oven.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the heat down to 400 degrees F and cook for a further 30 minutes. Serve.