2 pounds firm tofu, drained
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
3 tablespoons tamari sauce
Goma-shio for sprinkling
1. Put tofu on a cutting board that is slightly tilted to allow water to drain away. Put a plate on top to press out water. Let drain for 1 hour.
2. Slice tofu 1/4-inch thick. Mix ginger and tamari sauce.
3. Dip each tofu slice in tamari mixture and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated 350? F oven for 20 to 45 minutes. The longer you bake it, the chewier it becomes. If you let it bake too long, you get tofu jerky.
5. Sprinkle with goma-shio to serve.