1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1. Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut an "X", about 1/8 inch deep in the stem of the sprouts, (this helps cook the sprouts more evenly and quickly).
2. In a medium-size pot, cover Brussels sprouts with water, add 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until tender; drain. Be careful not to overcook sprouts.
3. Place sprouts in a small casserole dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the sprouts and mix well to coat.
4. Combine parmesan cheese, dried bread crumbs, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoning salt and remaining butter and mix well; sprinkle mixture over sprouts.
5. Heat sprouts under broiler (about 4 inches away from heat) for about 5 minutes or until crumb mixture is lightly browned. Serve hot.