12 litre milk
0.3 litre all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon rennet
1 litre cream
250 grammes granulated sugar
200 grammes almonds
10 pieces bitter almonds
1. Heat the milk to 37 oC (100 oF). Add the all-purpose flour and the rennet. Stir until the mixture thickens.
2. Let it stand until it separates into cheese and whey. Stir a few times so that the cheese separates from the whey.
3. Strain the mixture and make certain virtually all of the whey is removed.
4. Stir cream, granulated sugar, eggs and finely chopped almonds and bitter almonds into the "cheese".
5. Pour the mixture into suitable buttered forms. Place the forms in a water bath and bake them at low heat in the oven (175 oC, 350 oF.) until the mixture solidifies and acquires a light brown colour.