one bottle cheap red wine
10 cl (half a cup) vodka
10 g whole cinnamon
1.5 grams cloves (abot 20 pieces)
a small piece of ginger
2 g crushed cardamom seeds
the (dried) peels of half a bitter orange
300 g (slightly more than a cup) sugar
one tablespoon vanilla sugar
almonds and raisins as desired
1. Crush the cardamom and cinnamon, put all spices in a covered glass jar, add the vodka. Let stand for 24 hours.
2. Sieve the vodka, discard the spices.
3. Put the almonds in boiling water for 10 seconds, rinse them with cold water and peel them.
4. Mix the red wine and the spicy vodka in a pan, add vanilla, sugar, almonds and raisins.
5. Heat covered for a few minutes, but do not under any circumstances let the mixture boil.