1 leg of lamb, boned and cubed (l"-l?" cubes)
6 - 8 whole green peppers, cut in half and deseeded
6 -8 whole red tomatoes
1 med. eggplant, cut in 1?" cubes
2 lge. onions, sliced and coarsely chopped
? bunch fresh parsley, cleaned and chopped
salt, pepper to taste
1 tsp. red pepper (opt.)
juice of 1 lemon
1. When cubing lamb, cut out all gristle, leaving a little bit of fat (not skin). Mix meat with parsley, onions and pepper. Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
2. Three or four hours prior to barbecuing, add lemon juice and mix well. The salt is added just before skewering meat.
3. Place meat on skewer (not too tight). Green peppers, tomatoes, and eggplant are placed on separate skewers. Do not combine vegetables on same skewers because each one cooks at a different rate. Remaining onions and parsley may be used as garnish.
4. Place all skewers on a hot charcoal grill turning often to cook evenly. Lightly oil all vegetables with a pastry brush while cooking to prevent them from burning. After 15 minutes remove one piece of meat from skewer and cut in half so as to test to see if well done.
5. After shish kebab and vegetables are cooked, remove from skewers into large roasting pan. Serve immediately to insure the utmost of quality and flavor.