8 slices boneless beef round roast
prickly-ash leaves ("kinome")
8 rape blossoms
light color soy sauce ("usukuchi-shoyu")
Japanese mustard ("karashi")
3 tablespoons soy sauce ("shoyu")
2 1/2 tablespoon sweetened cooking "sake" ("mirin")
4 tablespoons "sake" (Japanese rice wine)
1. Chop prickly-ash leaves, divide into halves.
2. Mix ingredients for sauce, add beef and let sit. Use half of chopped prickly-ash leaves for sauce; set other half aside.
3. Grill beef quickly and sprinkle with remaining prickly-ash leaves.
4. Boil water in pot, add rape blossoms. Quickly remove blossoms, soak in cold water and squeeze out water. Blend light color soy sauce ("usukuchi-shoyu") and Japanese mustard well, add rape blossoms and toss.
5. Cut beef into bite-size pieces, place on serving plate and garnish with blossoms.