1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds beef eye round, top round, or sirloin (cut in thin steaks)
3 tablespoons butter or fat
1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms with liquid
1 cup water
6 medium potatoes, cooked; or 3 cups sauerkraut, drained
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup dairy sour cream
1. Mix flour with salt and pepper. Coat meat with seasoned flour.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Brown meat quickly on both sides.
3. Add mushrooms with liquid and water. Cover. Simmer 1 hour, basting occasionally with sauce.
4. Add potatoes to meat; cook 10 minutes, or until meat and potatoes are tender.
5. Blend flour into sour cream. Blend into sauce. Bring to boiling, then simmer 5 minutes.