3/4 cup lime juice
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 packet rice sticks
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Nuoc mam (fish sauce)
2 cups Snow peas, fresh
16 shrimp, medium, shelled and de-veined
1 shallot, minced
1/2 cup water
4 tablespoons sugar
2 bibb lettuce heads, leaves separated and rinsed
cucumbers, scallions, carrots, as needed
1. Boil two pots of water. Drop the snow peas into one pot for about 10 seconds; remove with a slotted spoon. Rinse under cold water.
2. Add the shrimp to the same pot and cook for 2 minutes or until opaque. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Drop rice sticks in the second pot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
4. In a bowl, whisk together garlic, shallots, lime juice, nuoc mam, water, sugar, and pepper flakes.
5. Pile the lettuce leaves in the center of a large platter. Surround with mounds of the vegetables, noodles, and shrimp.
6. To serve: Fill a lettuce leaf with some of the vegetables, shrimp, and noodles. Drizzle with dressing; roll and serve.