28 ounces Italian plum tomatoes, canned, drained, and chopped
1 dash cloves, ground
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
2 pounds mushrooms, fresh, assorted, trimmed and sliced
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cup olive oil
1 ounce porcini mushrooms, dried
1. Soak the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl of warm water. After 20 minutes, remove and rinse under cold water. Strain the soaking liquid and reserve.
2. Combine the olive oil and onion in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until the onion is tender.
3. Add the garlic, thyme, and clove, cooking a few minutes more. Add all the mushrooms, raise the heat to medium, and sautй the mushrooms until they wilt, stirring often.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes and the reserved porcini soaking liquid.
5. Simmer, partly covered, over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the juices thicken.