1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 pound asparagus, fresh, washed with woody ends removed
1. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch diagonal cuts.
2. Preheat a wok or deep skillet until searing hot.
3. Add peanut oil and immediately follow with asparagus; saute for 1 minute.
4. Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and chicken stock. Cover and cook for approximately 3-4 more minutes.
5. Remove lid and transfer asparagus onto a platter.
6. Boil remaining pan liquid down to reduce it to a thick glaze.
7. Pour glaze over asparagus and sprinkle with pine nuts.