1.1 bunch of fresh spinach
2. 3 to 4 strands of sua or dill leaves
3. 2 medium size tomatoes
4. 1 medium size onion
5. 1/2 Brinjal long variety (not the green brinjal)
6. 1 medium size potato
7. 1 cup of Gram Dal soaked (2 hrs prior)
8. 2-3 green chilies
9. 1 inch ginger
1. 1 tea spoon turmeric powder
2. 1 table spoon coriander powder
3. salt to taste
1 teaspoon jeera
3 -4 pods of chopped garlic
1-2 table spoon of oil
1. Add all ingredients from 1-9 and 1-3 in a pressure cooker with 1-2 cup of water and pressure cook in for 15 minutes or till done.
2. Mash this ingredients with a hand masher till completely smashed but do not turn it to a paste, keep it to simmer for ten minutes.
3. Take 2 tablespoons of oil and when hot add jeera and garlic and add this to the sai bhaji. Its real nice and different and good veggie for weight watchers.
You can eat this with plain rice or with veg biryani or pulao or the traditional sindhi rice Bhugal Chanvaar or Brown rice.