24 large shrimp
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch black pepper
1. Peel shrimp, leaving on tails, and devein.
2. Place in sturdy plastic bag set in bowl.
3. Stir together lemon juice, oil, parsley, garlic, lemon rind, mustard, cayenne and black pepper; pour over shrimp. Close bag tightly; squeeze gently to coat shrimp well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove shrimp, reserving marinade.
4. Thread each shrimp onto soaked wooden or greased metal skewer, pushing skewer through shrimp near each end but leaving centre free. (Recipe can be made ahead to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate marinade separately.)
5. Cook shrimp on greased grill over medium-hot coals or on medium setting, brushing often with marinade, for 2 minutes per sode or until pink and firm to the touch.