10 large snails, canned
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Pernod liquor
10 large mushrooms, cultivated
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 lemon crowns for garnish
2 parsley sprigs for garnish
2 2.2 ounce individual Brie cheeses
2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Radicchio Cole Slaw
2 small heads radicchio
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. Snail preparation: Wash snails. In saute pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat. Add snails, garlic and Pernod; sautй for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and place to the side.
2. Brie Butter Preparation: Put ingredients for Brie Butter in food processor and blend, pausing to scrape down sides 3 or 4 times. Remove Brie Butter from food processor and place in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Radicchio Cole Slaw Preparation: Cut bottoms off radicchio and wash their leaves. Hold radicchio leaves together and julienne into very thin strips. In medium size mixing bowl add mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar; blend thoroughly. Add radicchio and toss
4. Mushroom and Final Preparation: Remove stems from mushrooms and wash caps. Place caps in large pot of boiling water, remove from burner, and let stand for 4 minutes. Remove caps from water and place in a baking pan. Place a snail in each mushroom cap. Heap ample portions of Brie butter over snails.
5. Bake in oven at 325 F for 7 to 9 minutes or until done. Remove stuffed caps and place five around edge of each plate. In middle of each plate, place a portion of radicchio cole slaw. Garnish with lemon crowns and parsley sprigs.