1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp green pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp curry powder
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) pieces
1 tsp salt
5 ml water
450 ml (3/4 pt) buttermilk
low fat cooking spray
1 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
Time: 20 min
1. In a medium, saute onion and green pepper in vegetable oil until tender.
2. Add coconut and curry powder and cook until curry darkens, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in cucumber, salt and water.
4. Bring to the boil, simmer ten minutes.
5. Chill, and then stir in buttermilk.
6. Just before serving, coat a small saute pan with cooking spray and saute mustard seeds (if using), cover until they pop.
7. Ladle soup into bowls and top with mustard seeds.