For the marinade:
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 red or yellow bell pepper, quartered, cored, and seeded
1/2 pound baby zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 pound asparagus
1 boneless leg of lamb, about 2 pounds
For the couscous:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup couscous
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. To make the marinade: In a small bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients along with pepper to taste.
2. Arrange the vegetables on a plate and brush all sides with some of the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to grill.
3. Trim the leg of lamb of any excess fat and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces. Place the lamb pieces in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the remaining marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag several times to distribute the marinade, place the bag in a bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
4. To make the couscous: In a medium saucepan over low heat warm the oil and cook the garlic until it sizzles. Stir in the couscous. Cook, stirring over low heat until the couscous begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes. Add 1-3/4 cup of water and the salt and heat to boiling. Stir once. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with the pine nuts.
5. Remove the lamb pieces from the bag and discard the marinade. Thread the lamb pieces on skewers. Grill the skewers and vegetables over Direct Medium heat until the meat is medium rare and the vegetables are cooked through, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Serve the lamb kabobs warm with the toasted couscous and vegetables.