350 g gourmet or small potatoes, boiled
8 large onions, sliced
2 tablespoons water
100 ml olive oil
50 ml balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
4 medallions salmon fillet
1 handful curly endive or lettuce leaves per person
Time: 1 hr 20 min
1. Place the onions into a pan and allow to cook very slowly for about an hour until the natural sugar from the onions starts to caramelise and brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and shake well.
3. Slice the warm potatoes and sprinkle liberally with the vinaigrette, mix with the onions and keep just warm.
4. Cook the salmon fillets on a very hot BBQ grill or plate for 3-4 minutes each side (time may vary depending upon thickness of the fillet).
5. Spoon some potato and onion onto the centre of a plate, sit some dressed endive on the potato and place the salmon fillet on top. Spoon some of the vinaigrette over and serve.