1 tablespoon olive oil
6 teaspoons minced garlic
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 shells puff pastry, baked
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
16 ounces smoked Gouda, grated
2 teaspoons salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, warm oil and saute onions and garlic until onions are translucent; set aside to cool. When cool, pour off liquid reserving garlic.
3. Cut shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces, reserving 12 uncut for garnish. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter and add reserved garlic and all shrimp; cook shrimp for 2 to 4 minutes or until done.
4. Remove center circle and a small portion of inside of cooled puff pastry shells.
5. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy; add one egg at a time and beat until well mixed. Add cream, Gouda, onions, shrimp and salt.
6. Spoon filling into puff pastry shells.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is browned on top. Garnish with whole shrimp and chopped chives; serve.