1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup white wine
1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded
8 ounces linguini pasta
1 lemon, wedged, for garnish
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and saute garlic until transparent.
2. Add tomatoes, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes to skillet; reduce heat to low to simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and reserve.
4. Add wine and mussels to skillet; cover and increase heat to high for 3 to 5 minutes or until mussel shells are open.
5. Pour over hot pasta, sprinkle with parsley and squeeze lemon wedge over all. Garnish with remaining lemon and serve.