2 glasses of flour
half a glass of water
1/2 tbsp of sugar
600 g of cottage cheese
1.5 tbsp of butter
1. For the filling rub the cottage cheese through a sieve (or in any other way make it soft). Fry the chopped onion in oil until it gets golden in colour. Mix it with cottage cheese, add salt and butter. Blend thoroughly.
2. Sift the flour through a sieve. Put it into a bowl. Pour into it a mixture of water, salt, sugar and eggs. Knead the dough as quickly as possible. Let it stay in refridgerator for 30 minutes.
3. On the board sifted with flour roll the ready dough out into a layer as thick as 2 mm. Cut the round scones with a glass or any other round shape.
4. Put a teaspoonful of the filling onto each of the scones. Then bring together the opposite edges of a scone and pinch them so that they don`t come apart. When you have a closed semicircular shape with the filling inside, it is the varenyk.
5. Fill a big pot with water, add a little salt to it and bring to boil. Put the varenyks into the boiling water and boil them for 3 or 5 minutes.
6. Brush melted butter onto them. Serve chilled in a dish, in sour cream.