Salt to taste, plus 1 teaspoon Salt
2 1/2 lb white potatoes or red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 cups cubed cooked corned beef (1/2-inch)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
Fresh parsley sprigs, optional
Freshly ground pepper
1. For hash: Fill a large pot three-fourths full with water, salt it lightly and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, return to a boil, and boil until nearly tender when pierced with a fork, 7-10 minutes. Drain well.
2. In a large bowl, combine the boiled potatoes, corned beef, cream, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne pepper. Mix well.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the potato mixture and mix well to distribute the onions evenly. Spread the corned beef hash evenly in the pan. Cook, flattening the hash with a spatula occasionally, until a slight crust forms on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Run the spatula around the pan edge as necessary to prevent sticking. Turn the mixture over and continue cooking, stirring frequently to break up the hash, until crusty and browned, 12-14 minutes longer. Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
4. For eggs: In a large frying pan with high sides and a tight-fitting lid (or 2 pans if the pan is not very large), bring a generous amount of water to a rolling boil. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Turn off the heat. Immediately crack the eggs and gently release them just above the surface of the water. Cover and leave undisturbed for about 3 minutes for runny yolks or 5 minutes for set yolks. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate to drain briefly.
5. To serve: Spoon the hash out onto warmed small individual plates and top with the eggs. Garnish with parsley, if desired, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.