1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rye flour
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 eggs, beaten
Corned Beef Filling:
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 (2 1/2-ounce) packages thinly sliced cooked corned beef, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons minced chives
2 tablespoons diced onion
1 teaspoon spicy brown or horseradish mustard
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
10 green stuffed olives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
2. In a small bowl combine flours, parsley, garlic powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour mixture all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from heat; beat in eggs all at one time, beating until smooth.
4. Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks and immediately cut a slit in each puff to allow steam to escape; cool.
5. For filling, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Stir in olives. Split puffs; spoon in filling. Refrigerate.