2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons of cold water
4 cups boiling water
1 small cinnamon stick
20 allspice berries
1/4 vanilla bean, sliced and scraped
1/4 nutmeg, grated
1 1/3 cups honey
2 cups vodka
1. Heat sugar in 2 tablespoons of water until it dissolves, then stir in the boiling water.
2. Add vanilla bean, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns, and allspice berries.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Strain the caramel mixture and return to the pan.
5. Stir in honey and orange rind and heat, stirring, until the honey has completly dissolved.
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir vodka.
8. Serve hot or cold.