16 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells (about 1-1/2 pounds)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 tablespoon honey
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cucumber or zucchini
2 medium carrots, shredded (1 cup)
2 papayas (1-1/2 pounds total), peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
8 red or green sweet pepper rings
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Set aside.
2. For dressing, in a small bowl stir together yogurt, mayonnaise or salad dressing, honey, curry powder, and salt. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
3. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving the tails intact. Devein shrimp. Rinse shrimp under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
4. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch space between pieces. Grill directly over medium coals for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning skewers once. Brush shrimp lightly with some of the dressing. Remove shrimp from skewers.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves on 4 plates. Sprinkle one-fourth of the cucumber and one-fourth of the carrot over plate. Arrange shrimp, papaya, and pepper rings on each plate. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Serve with dressing.