8 oz Cajun sausage or kielbasa, cut in 1 inch slices
1/3 cup olive oil
1 lb okra, stems removed (frozen and thawed okay)
2 cups diced onions
1 cup each coarsely chopped green and red bell pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups chicken stock
3 cups canned whole plum tomatoes, drained and slightly crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 bay leaf
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 oz sea scallops
12 oz cooked lobster meat
8 oz crabmeat
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. In large dutch oven, saute sausage until brown (approximately 15 minutes). Remove from pot and set aside.
2. Add 1/2 of oil to pot. Add okra and cook over medium heat until slightly soft (approximately 15 minutes). Add remaining oil and onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Stir and cook 10 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper, and bay leaf. Simmer 30 minutes.
4. Add cooked sausage, shrimp, and scallops. Simmer 5 minutes. Add lobster, crabmeat, and parsley, adjust seasonings, and heat through (2-3 minutes).
5. Splash some extra hot sauce on this seafood gumbo recipe for an extra kick.