1 pound of thin spaghetti or linguine
12 small clams
1 pound of small shrimp
2 cups of white onion, diced
3 red peppers, cut into julienne strips
2 green peppers, cut into julienne strips
2 cups of marinated artichoke hearts, diced
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons of green olive oil
2 cups of fresh tomatoes, crushed or canned Italian plum tomatoes with juice
1 teaspoon of Italian herb seasoning
1 pint of bay scallops
1 cup of fresh Italian parsley chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Boil the water to cook the pasta. Scrub the mussels, clams, and shrimp well, drain and set aside with the shells intact.
2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, red and green peppers, artichokes, garlic, hot pepper and mushrooms in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and Italian herb seasoning and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Place all of the fish in the sauce mixture and cover. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, just until the shells open. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
4. Remove the cover from the seafood mixture and add the parsley and lemon juice. Cook the pasta al dente, drain and transfer it to a large warm bowl.
5. Pour the seafood misto over the pasta and blend thoroughly. Place the seafood with the shells along the side of the bowl as a decoration. Sprinkle with more parsley and serve immediately.