750 g (1 1/2 lb)veal steaks
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups packaged dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup oil
250 g (8 oz)mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 tsp oregano
60 g (2 oz)parmesan cheese
1. Pound veal steaks until very thin, coat with flour,shake off excess flour, dip into beaten egg, coat with breadcrumbs, pressing these on firmly, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in frypan, add steaks, cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
3. Remove from pan, place in oven proof dish, keep warm.
4. Combine tomato sauce and oregano in a saucepan, bring to boil, remove from heat.
5. Top veal steaks with grated or thinly sliced mozzarelaa cheese, spoon the tomato sauce mixture over top of meat, then sprinkle with grated parmesan, place under hot griller (broiler) or in a moderately hot oven until cheese melts and turns golden brown.