800 g veal or pork fillet
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 can of small tomatoes, finely chopped
1 teaspoon tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
a bit of pepper, freshly ground
sunflower oil for the fondue
1. Until you make the tomato sauce, keep the meat in the refrigerator so that it doesn`t spoil (especially in the summer).
2. In a nonstick pot add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat well. When the oil is hot, add the finely chopped onion and stir with a wooden spoon for one minute.
3. Add the finely chopped garlic and the finely chopped tomato. If you want, you can use fresh finely chopped tomatoes, as long as they are tasty and ripe.
4. Let the sauce simmer and add the tomato paste, oregano, salt and freshly ground pepper. Let the sauce simmer over low heat until it thickens ("sets" in culinary terms). Take the meat out of the refrigerator and cut it into small pieces (cubes 2x2 centimeters).
5. Heat in a pot the sunflower oil and transfer it to the fondue pot. Light the burner underneath the pot, so that the oil stays hot. With the special forks take one by one the pieces of meat and fry them in the oil. They do not need more than one minute to be ready.
6. Then, all you have to do is dip the meat in the tomato sauce, which you have served in a personal bowl for each of your friends.