1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Mix flour with sugar, baking powder, cardamom, and salt.
2. Beat egg to blend with milk and 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Add liquids to dry mixture and stir til moistened.
4. Place an aebleskiver pan over medium-low heat. When pan is hot enough to make a drop of water danc, brush pancake cups lightly with melted butter and fill each to slightly below the rim with batter.
5. As soon as they get bubbly around the edge, turn them quickly (Danish cooks use a long knitting needle, but a fork will work).
6. Cook until crust on bottom of ball is again firm enough to pierce, about another minute, then rotate ball with skewer until the ridge formed as the pancke first cooked is on top.