4 Tbs olive oil
1 c sweet sausage
1/4 c onions, diced
2 tsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbs unsalted butter
1 c mushrooms, sliced
1/4 c fresh basil (torn)
1/4 c white wine
3/4 c tomato sauce
3/4 c heavy cream
1/4 c sweet peas
1/8 c parmagiano reggiano, grated
salt and pepper, as needed
1/2 lb fresh tagliatelle
1. Remove casing from sausage and chop into quarter sized chunks.
2. Dice onions, chop garlic and slice mushrooms.
3. Heat skillet with olive oil.
4. Brown sausage, add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent.
5. Add butter, mushrooms and basil. Saute until mushrooms are cooked.
6. Deglaze with wine, then add tomato sauce, cream and peas. Reduce until the sauce will coast the back of a spoon lightly.
7. Cook fresh pasta for about 45 seconds. Add to sauce. Toss with cheese and allow pasts to cook with sauce for about 15-20 seconds. If sauce gets too thick, simply add a little bit of water.