20 very fresh mussels in their shells, well cleaned
1 pinch of bittersweet paprika
2 tbs. sherry vinegar
Salt and pepper
3 tbs. chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped union
2 tbs. chopped parsley
3 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. In a bowl, mix the finely chopped union, parsley, and garlic.
2. Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, paprika and pepper. Place the bowl in the refrigerator.
3. In a large pot, steam mussels until they open, around 4-5 minutes. Remove immediately.
4. Remove the meat from the mussels, being careful not to break into pieces. Add to the bowl with the other ingredients, gently covering the meat.
Thoroughly clean the interior of 1/2 of the shells.
5. When mussels are chilled, about 10 minutes, scoop up each one with a little of the other ingredients and place them in the half shells.