1 tbs. water
1 3/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
3 cups milk
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp. salt
thinly sliced orange for garnish
1. In a 9 inch baking pan, caramelize the sugar and water at low heat. When the sugar turns golden, remove from heat and coat the pan bottom with the caramel.
2. In a blender, mix the rest of the ingredients except the orange until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into the caramelized baking pan and place in a larger pan containing 1 inch of water.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour until top is set and golden.
5. Remove pan from the water and allow to cool.
6. Place a serving plate over pan and flip over. Remove the pan.
7. Chill at least an hour before serving.