1 lb. golden gourmet Oyster mushrooms
10 oz. chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 small clove of garlic finely chopped
1 tsp fennel of anise seeds, crushed
2 tbsp margarine
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, fennel and margarine in saucepan, and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
2. Add mushrooms and reduce heat, simmer and gently cook the mushrooms until tender, 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place on small au-gratin dishes. Place on a baking sheet. Discard cooking liquid.
4. Combine bread crumbs, condensed milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a small bowl. Transfer to a food processor with the spinach puree. Top each au-gratin dish with the puree and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Place 4 inches from the heat and broil until bubbly and brown, 3-5 minutes. Serve hot.