1 (12 ounce) package ground sausage
18 fresh mushrooms
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 cup red wine
1. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Clean the mushrooms. Remove, chop and reserve the stems.
3. In a medium bowl, gently mix the chopped mushroom stems, cream cheese and bread crumbs. Mix in the sausage and 1/4 cup red wine.
4. Using a spoon, stuff the mushroom caps with the chopped stem mixture. Transfer to a large baking dish, and cover with the remaining red wine.
5. Bake in the preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the mixture is lightly brown.