2 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 sticks celery, sliced
8 oz small mushrooms, wiped
20 oz jar puree
1 pt vegetable stock
15 oz can of mixed beans, rinse
8 oz pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
1 oz toasted cashew nuts
1 oz olives
3 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook vegetables in the heated oil in a large heavy-based pan for about five minutes stirring every now and then.
2. Tip in the puree stock and beans and bring the mixture to the boil.
3. Stir well and add the pasta, simmering for 10 minutes or according to the instructions on the packet.
4. Stir frequently to prevent the pasta sticking. Season to taste and spoon into warmed bowls
5. Put the garnish out in separate bowls and allow people to garnish the soup according to their personal taste.