14 sheets precooked lasagne
butter, for greasing
3 3/4 cups bechamel sauce
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Chicken & Mushroom Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 1/2 cups ground chicken
3 ounces chicken livers, finely chopped
4 ounces prosciutto, diced
5/8 cup Marsala
10 ounce can chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons tomato paste
salt and pepper
1. To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes.
2. Add the ground chicken, chicken livers and prosciutto and cook over a low heat for 12 minutes, until the meat has browned.
3. Stir the Marsala, tomatoes, basil, and tomato paste into the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
4. Season to taste, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, stir, and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Arrange sheets of lasagne over the base of a greased ovenproof dish, spoon a layer of chicken and mushroom sauce over the lasagne, then add a layer of bechamel sauce.
6. Place another layer of lasagne on top and repeat the procces twice, finishing with a layer of bechamel sauce.
7. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for 35 minutes until golden brown and serve.