1/2 can coconut milk, plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
4 cups Jasmine rice, cooked for accompaniment
2 tablespoons Red curry paste
1 pound lean beef, cut into thin strips
kaffir lime leaves, minced strips, for garnish
2 tablespoons peanuts, ground
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1. Heat oil in skillet over low heat.
2. Add curry paste and stir until fragrant.
3. Add coconut milk and continue stirring for 1 minute.
4. Add beef strips and cook about 5 minutes, stirring, adding peanuts halfway through.
5. Add fish sauce and sugar to taste.
6. When the sauce is almost dry, add peppers and basil leaves; cook another 5 minutes, stirring.
7. Just before serving, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and garnish with strips of lime leaves. Serve with jasmine rice.