2 tablespoons capers
1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
1 1/2 cups tomatoes, canned, crushed
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
6 ancho chiles, dried
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1 whole red snapper
flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
2 cups Red wine
black pepper, freshly ground
4 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1. Prepare chiles: toast in a dry skillet until color changes slightly and they begin to puff. When cooled, remove seeds. In a small bowl, cover chiles with hot water and let stand for about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large, heavy skillet. Dredge fish in flour. Brown fish on both sides and place in a shallow baking dish.
3. Saute onion in skillet until soft. Add garlic and continue sautéing until aromatic.
4. Drain chiles, and puree in a blender or food processor. Add to onion and garlic mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and cumin.
5. Add red wine and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over fish.
6. Bake at 400°F for about 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
7. Garnish with capers.