1.5 kg (3 lb) chicken pieces
60 g (2 oz) butter
11/4 cups water
1 chicken stock cube
3 tbs tia maria
1/2 cup cream
6 shallots or spring onions
470 g (15 oz) can atrichoke hearts
salt and pepper
1. Heat butter in large frying pan, add chicken pieces, cook on both sides until golden brown.
2. Add water and crumbled stock cube, cover pan, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer gently for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from pan, put on to a serving dish (keep warm).
4. Add drained, washed artichoke hearts and tia maria to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer, (uncovered) for 5 minutes, add cream, season with salt and pepper, simmer gently for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
5. Add chopped shallots, spoon sauce over chicken.