1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/4 cup of chopped roasted sweet red peppers
1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano
1/8 teaspoon of finely chopped lemon zest
1 tablespoon of fleshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon of dry white wine
2 large cloves garlic, peeled
12 green lip mussels on the half shell
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, roasted red pepper, parsley, oregano, lemon zest and 1/2 tablespoon of the Parmesan.
3. Stir in the wine. Press the garlic into the bowl and mix.
4. Mound a generous 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto each mussel and top with 1/8 teaspoon of cheese.
5. Bake for 5 minutes, then broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until well browned. Serve with lemon wedges.