900 g potatoes, peeled and diced
450 g leeks, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
1 kg chipolata sausages
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon basil
2 x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
600 ml chicken stock or water
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons water
Time: 1 hr
1. Fry the leeks in the oil for 5 minutes and then add the sausages and fry for a further 5 minutes or until brown.
2. Add the herbs, stir in the tomato paste and the chopped tomatoes.
3. Pour in the stock, stir well and season.
4. Add the potatoes, cover and simmer for 35 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
5. Mix the cornflour with the water, stir into the sauce and allow to thicken.