1 1/2 cups cream
1/2 cup soft butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package dry yeast
3 1/3 cups flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1. Scald the cream, add the butter and sugar, and stir until creamy.
2. When mixture has cooled to lukewarm, crumble in the yeast and stir until it is dissolved. Add half of the flour and the ground cardamom seeds, mixing thoroughly. Work in the remaining flour, blending well.
3. Knead until smooth on a lightly floured board. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in bulk in a warm place free from drafts.
4. Punch the dough down. Divide into 30 or 40 pieces. Roll each piece with the hands until it is baout 10 inches long. Tie in a loose knot by pulling one end through the center and the other end up over the side.
5. Brush with melted butter and dip each kringle in
6. Topping: Place the kringles on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake about 15 minutes in a preheated 400 oven.