1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons onion, diced fine
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon saffron
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup fish stock
1/2 lb rockfish, diced 1 inch
1/2 lb mussels
1/4 lb shrimp, medium-sized
1 ea. carrot, julienne
1 ea. Leek, (white part only), julienne
1 ea. tomato (outer meat only), julienne
1 ea. celery root, julienne
1/2 bu. green onion, 1/4 inc bias cut
2 ea. red potatoes, small, quartered, and par cooked
1 tablespoon fine herbs, parsley, tarragon chives, thyme, and bay, salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in olive oil, and add the garlic, saute for one minute
2. Add the saffron and the white wine, and fish stock, bring to a boil
3. Add seafood, and cover. Steam for 3-5 minutes, just until the mussels barely begin to open.
4. Add the vegetables and cover for an additional 3 minutes, the vegetables will be vibrant.
5. Add fine herbs, seasoning and serve.