1 tablespoon 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons Olive oil
1 1/4 pounds fresh tuna steak
4 teaspoons wasabi powder
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
2 tablespoons rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 small Garlic Cloves, minced
7 ounces alfalfa sprouts (4 cups)
7 ounces trimmed enoki mushrooms (2 cups)
1/2 pound young Spinach, stemmed
2 tablespoons slivered Japanese pickled ginger
1. In a shallow glass dish, combine 1 tablespoon of the Soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add the tuna and coat well. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, turning the fish twice.
2. Light a grill or preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix the wasabi powder with 4 teaspoons of hot water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. In another bowl, stir 2 tablespoons of warm water into the tahini. Stir in the wasabi paste, Vinegar, Mustard, Sugar, Garlic and the remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 4 teaspoons oil. Season with Salt and pepper.
4. Season the tuna with salt and pepper; grill or broil until crusty on the outside and rare within, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a plate to rest for a few minutes, then slice it against the grain 1/3 inch thick.
5. In a large bowl, toss the alfalfa sprouts with the enoki Mushrooms and all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing; loosen the sprouts to evenly distribute the dressing. Scatter the Spinach leaves on 4 large plates and arrange the tuna on top. Drizzle on the remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Mound the sprout salad on the tuna, scatter the pickled Ginger on top and serve.