2 15-ounce cans small white beans (with liquid)
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
4 teaspoons minced fresh onion
2 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour entire contents of two 15-ounce cans of beans into a covered casserole dish.
3. Combine the water with the cornstarch in a small bowl until cornstarch dissolves. Stir mixture into the beans.
4. Stir the remaining ingredients into the beans and cover the dish.
5. Bake for 90 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir every 30 minutes. Let beans sit for 5 to 10 minutes after removing them from the oven before serving. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Serves 4 to 6.