1 Cup beer
3 Cups rye bread cubes (the darker the better)
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
2 tsp caraway seeds
2 Tbsp water
4 egg eqivalents (dry replacer in 1/2 cup water, 8 whites, etc)
1/2 Cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp dry mustard (or 2 tsp Dijon style prepared)
1 tsp ground coriander seed
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. At least an hour before cooking, pour the beer into a shallow bowl to sit until it becomes flat. Dry the bread cubes on a baking sheet in a 300 degree F oven until crisp but not browned (probably 15 minutes).
2. Lightly coat a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. In a large non-stick skillet, steam/saute cualiflower with the caraway seeds and 2 Tbsp water until barely tender. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and cauliflower. Spread in the prepared casserole dish.
5. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg equivalent, nutritional yeast, mustard, coriander, pepper, and flat beer. Pour the liquid over the bread and cauliflower in the casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until puffed and golden.