1/2 cp. flour
1/4 or1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
1. Prepare batter ahead of time and let sit at least 1 hour. May be left in refrigerator overnight.
2. Beat eggs well, in large bowl. When completely mixed, add flour and salt. Stir until all lumps are gone. Pour milk into a separate bowl, or large mixing cup, and add oil. Mix with fork until oil is no longer floating on top. Add little by little to flour & egg mixture. Let this sit at least 1 hour.
3. Heat frying pan to medium, or medium-high heat. Unless you are using a non-stick frying pan, put a tiny pat of butter and a few drops of oil into the pan before you pour in the batter for each new crepe. Use about half a ladleful of batter for each crepe. Pour batter onto pan. Immediately lift pan from stove and tilt pan until the batter has covered all of the bottom of the pan.
4. Cook on medium (or medium-high) heat until crepe lifts easily with spatula. Flip over and cook other side. When cooked, each side should have brown spots on it.
5. Instead of syrup, spread sour cream and/or jam on your Latvian crepe.