1/4 cup almond butter
1 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup safflower oil
1 cup plain soy milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Dash of sea salt
4 cups brown rice flour
10 ounces fruit-sweetened raspberry jam
1 cup vegan chocolate chips, preferably fruit-sweetened
1. Preheat oven to 350?. Lightly oil or line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. In a large bowl, combine almond butter, maple syrup, safflower oil, soy milk, and almond extract, whisking until smooth. Mixing with a wooden spoon, add flour and salt.
3. Place batter into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe desired shapes onto prepared sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until edges turn golden. Remove to a rack to cool., Repeat with remaining batter.
4. In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips over hot water.
5. Spread half of the cookies with jam and top with remaining cookies. Dip sandwiches into melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Makes about 45 sandwiched cookies.