3 cups brown rice
1 cup cashews
1 pound sunflower seeds
1 sweet onion, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
Total time: 2 hr
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large saucepan bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
3. Roast cashews and sunflower seeds in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes. In a food processor grind nuts to a fine meal; transfer to a large bowl. Place onion and carrots in food processor and pulse until fine; transfer to bowl with the nuts. Combine cooked rice and olive oil in food processor and pulse until smooth; spoon into the large bowl. Season with salt, to taste.
4. Using your hands mix the ingredients and form into patties or logs.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.