1 cup uncooked white rice
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 green bell peppers
16 slices Swiss cheese
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
Total time: 1 hr 20 min
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Combine cooked rice with black beans and chili powder. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the rice and bean mixture into the bottoms of the peppers. Lay a slice of cheese on top and repeat 3 more times, ending with cheese on top.
4. Bake in preheated oven until peppers soften, about 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat tomato sauce in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Slice peppers in half, top with tomato sauce and serve.